Work-based learning, or work experiences, are ways you can try working, learn new skills and get some experience. Having a variety of work experiences while you are in high school can help you:
- learn what you are good at
- find out more about yourself and what jobs or careers are a good fit for you and your talents
- get work experience and learn new skills
Work experiences can occur at a workplace, in school, or in the community.
In the training we will explore different types of work experiences including:
- Job Shadowing
- Career Mentorship
- Informational Interviews
- Internships – Paid or Unpaid
- Part-Time Jobs
- Service Learning
- Student-led Enterprises
- Simulated Workplace Experience
Let’s get started!
If you want to track your progress: Create a profile for yourself | Already have a profile? Login.
Choose an activity below to get started. Do as many activities as you want. The more you do, the more you will learn about yourself.
Tip: To make this even more fun, do these activities with a friend or family member!