Work-based learning, or work experiences, are ways you can try working, learn new skills and get some experience. Having a variety of work experiences while you are in high school can help you:
- learn what you are good at
- find out more about yourself and what jobs or careers are a good fit for you and your talents
- get work experience and learn new skills
Work experiences can occur at a workplace, in school, or in the community.
In the training we will explore different types of work experiences including:
- Job Shadowing
- Career Mentorship
- Informational Interviews
- Internships – Paid or Unpaid
- Part-Time Jobs
- Service Learning
- Student-led Enterprises
- Simulated Workplace Experience
Let’s get started!
Choose an activity below to get started. Do as many activities as you want. The more you do, the more you will learn about yourself.
Tip: To make this even more fun, do these activities with a friend or family member!